Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tongue Twisters


Here are a few tongue twisters to get your lips and teeth around - great for rehearsals, party games or just to have a break at your computer!

There are thousands of tongue twisters out there - these are just some of my favourites. You may also know slight variations of these - it's amazing what Chinese Whispering can do...

Tip: Remember, it's not just how fast you say them, but how clearly too.

I like New York, unique New York, I like unique New York

Are you copper-bottoming them my man?
No, I'm aluminiuming them ma'am

Two toads totally tired, tried to trot to Tewkesbury

She stood upon the balcony, inimitably mimicking him hiccupping and amicably welcoming him in.

The sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick

Betty Botter bought some butter
But she said, "This butter's bitter.
But a bit of better butter
Better than the bitter butter,
That would make my batter better."
So she bought some better butter
Better than the bitter butter
And it made her batter better.
So 'twas better Betty Botter
Bought a bit of better butter.

All I want is a proper cup of coffee,
Made in a proper copper coffee pot
I may be off my dot
But I want a cup of coffee
From a proper coffee pot.
Tin coffee pots and iron coffee pots
They're no use to me -
If I can't have a proper cup of coffee
In a proper copper coffee pot
I'll have a cup of tea.

The skunk sat on the stump. The stump thunk the skunk stunk. The skunk thunk the stump stunk. What stunk - the skunk or the stump?

Peggy Babcock loves Tubby Gigwhip

Rubber baby-buggy bouncers

Floppy fluffy puppies, Floppy fluffy puppies

Popacatepetl, Copper plated kettle

What a to-do to die today at a minute or two to two,
A thing distinctly hard to say but harder still to do.
For they'll beat a tattoo at a quarter to two:
A rat-ta tat-tat ta tat-tat ta to-to.
And the dragon will come when he hears the drum
At a minute or two to two today, at a minute or two to two.

Imagine an imaginary menagerie manager
Imagining managing an imaginary menagerie

No comments:

Post a Comment